Park West Second Addition
COVENANTS AND RESTRICTIONS FOR PARK WEST SECOND ADDITION TO THE CITY OF DENISON, IOWA
We, Eugene D. Zenk, Sr., President, and Shirley A. Zenk, Secretary of Quality Home Construction Corp., it being the owner of all of the land in Park West Second Addition to the City of Denison, Iowa, hereby covenant and agree for the benefit of future owners of said land it will have included in all deeds and conveyances hereinafter made by it to purchasers of said land or lots, by a reference to the filing of this document, the following Covenants and Restrictions:
1. All lots described herein shall be known, described and used as residential lots, including multiple family dwellings, all constructed in accordance with the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Denison.
2. No trailer, basement, tent, shack, barn or other outbuildings shall be at any time erected or used as a residence, either temporary or permanent, nor shall any residence of a temporary character be permitted.
3. All structures shall be of new construction and may include modular-type buildings.
4. No buildings shall be erected on any lot unless the design and location are in harmony with the existing structures and locations in the tract, and do not violate protective covenants.
5. The titleholder of each lot, vacant or improved, shall keep said lot free from weeds and debris.
6. No noxious or offensive trade shall be carried on upon any lot nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.
7. No wrecked, junked or dismantled vehicles shall be stored or parked for more than twenty-four consecutive hours on any residential lot except unless such vehicle is kept in an enclosed garage. For purposes of this paragraph, vehicles shall be defined to include but not limited to cars, trucks, tractors, other farm machinery, campers, pickups, boats and vans. Further, no junked vehicles, stored vehicles or vehicles being repaired shall be located outdoors on any lot.
8. All utilities, wires, pipes and other connections must be run underground. This includes but is not limited to electricity, water, telephone, sewer, natural gas and cable television.
9. Any outside garbage recepticle located on lots containing multiple family dwelling units must be enclosed in a covered structure designed to be in harmony with all other buildings in this addition.
10. No owner of any single family dwelling unit, multiple family dwelling unit and no tenant of any multiple family dwelling unit shall allow dogs to run at large within the addition, nor to permit such animal to pass on the premises of another, thereby causing damage or interference with the premises.
11. These Covenants are to run with the land and shall be binding upon all parties and all persons claiming under them until January 1, 1993, at which time the Covenants shall be automatically suspended for successive periods of ten years unless by a vote of the majority of the then-owners of the lots, it is agreed to change the said Covenants in whole or in part.
12. If the parties hereto, or any of them, or their heirs or assigns shall violate or attempt to violate any of the Covenants or Restrictions, it shall be lawful for any other person or persons owning any such lots in said development or subdivision to prosecute any proceedings at law or in equity, against the person or persons violating or attempting to violate such Covenant or Restriction and either to prevent him or them from doing so or to recover damages or other dues for such violation.
Invalidation of any of these Covenants by judgment or other Order shall in no way affect any of the other provisions which shall remain in full force and effect.
Dated at Denison, Iowa this 3rd day of September, 1982.