Northwood Second Addition
COVENANTS AND RESTRICTIONS FOR NORTHWOOD SECOND ADDITION TO THE CITY OF DENISON, IOWA
Northwood Incorporated, a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Iowa and having its principal place of business at Denison, Crawford County, Iowa, being the owner of all of the land in Northwood Second Addition to the City of Denison, Iowa, hereby covenants and agrees for its own benefit and for the benefit of the future owners of said land that the following covenants and restrictions shall be covenants running with the land constituting Northwood Second Addition to the City of Denison, Iowa:
1. All lots in said addition shall be used solely as residential lots, and no structure shall be erected on any lot other than one detached single family dwelling not exceeding two stories in height, a one or two car garage or carport and one storage building. The storage building shall be of commercial construction, shall be new when place on the lot and shall not exceed 10 feet in length, width or height.
2. No building shall be erected nearer than 30 feet to the front lot line or nearer than 8 feet to any side lot line. The front of any dwelling shall be not more than 40 feet from the front lot line.
3. The ground floor living area, exclusive of open porches and garages, shall be not less than 920 square feet for a one story dwelling and not less than 750 square feet for a dwelling having more than one story.
4. No trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn or other outbuilding shall at any time be erected and used as a residence, either temporary or permanent, nor shall any residence of a temporary character be permitted.
5. No used structure shall be moved onto any lot in said addition. All structure shall be of new construction built or assembled on the premises.
6. No building shall be erected in said addition unless the design, location and grade with respect to surrounding lots are in harmony with existing structures and locations in said addition.
7. The owner of each lot, vacant or improved, shall keep his lot free of weeds and debris.
8. No noxious or offensive trade shall be carried upon any lot in said addition nor shall anything be done thereon which may become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.
9. A perpetual easement for drainage and for the installation and maintenance of utilities is reserved on the rear 10 feet of each lot and on a strip of ground 5 feet in width on each side of each side lot line in said addition. No structure, planting, or other obstruction which may interfere with drainage in the easement area or which may damage or interfere with the installation or maintenance of utilities in the easement area shall be placed or permitted to remain on any lot.
10. All electrical, telephone and cable television wires and cables installed in said addition shall be installed underground.
11. These covenants and restrictions shall run with the land whether or not reference to them is made in any deed or other instrument affecting the land and they shall be binding upon the above named corporation and upon all persons owning or having possession of any land in said addition until July 1, 1999. After July 1, 1999, these covenants and restrictions shall be automatically extended for successive periods of 10 years unless an instrument signed by the owners of a majority of the lots in said addition and agreeing to change these covenants and restrictions has been recorded.
12. If the above named corporation or any person owning or having possession of any land in said addition shall violated or attempt to violated any of these covenants and restrictions, it shall be lawful for any person or person owning or having possession of any land in said addition to prosecute any proceeding at law or in equity against the person or persons violating or attempting to violate such covenant or restriction, either to prevent him or them from so doing, or to recover damages for such violation.
13. Invalidation of any of these covenants and restrictions by judgment or other order shall in no wise affect any of the other provisions hereof, which shall remain in full force and effect.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF said corporation has caused this instrument to be duly executed this 2nd day of April, 1979.