Jentz First Addition
COVENANTS & RESTRICTIONS TO JENTZ FIRST ADDITION TO THE CITY OF DENISON, IOWA
Alan H. Jentz and Susan C. Jentz, being the owners and proprietors of certain real estate located in Denison, Crawford County, Iowa, now platted as and hereafter known as Jentz First Addition to the City of Denison, Iowa, do hereby covenant and agree for the benefit of all future owners of said land that all deeds and conveyances made to purchasers of said lots located within the addition will be subject to the following covenants and restrictions, to-wit:
1. The lots within the addition shall be used for household and recreational purposes only. No residential construction of any type shall be placed upon the real estate.
2. No trailer, basement, tent, garage, barn, shack or other out-building, except a gazebo of reasonable size and harmonious construction, shall be constructed or placed upon the real estat
3. No lot or portion of a lot shall be used for any commercial purpose, nor for any illegal obnoxious or offensive activity.
4. The titleholder of each lot shall keep his or her lots free of all noxious weeds, garbage, refuse, debris and other rubbish.
5. No vicious animals, including but not limited to, pit bulls, dobermans or rottweilers, shall be allowed to reside or be cared for on the real estate in the addition. No horse, cow, goat, hog, duck, chicken or similar farm animal or fowl shall be kept or maintained on the real estate.
6. These covenants and restrictions shall run with the land and shall be binding, upon all parties and all persons claiming by, through or under them for a period of twenty years from the date hereof. Thereafter, these covenants and restrictions shall automatically renew and be extended for additional and successive ten year periods after the expiration of the initial term of the covenants and restrictions, unless a majority of the owners of the lots at the time of expiration agree to change or amend said covenants in whole or in part.
7. If the parties hereto, or any of them, or their heirs, successors or assigns, shall violate or attempt to violate any of the Covenants and Restrictions, it shall be lawful for any other person owning any lot in the addition to bring proceedings at law or in equity against the person or persons violating or attempting to violate any such Covenant or Restriction.
8. In the event that any of the Covenants or Restrictions herein is determined by a Court of Law to be illegal, unconstitutional, or unenforceable for any reason, such judgment shall in no way effect the operation or enforcement of any of the other Covenants or Restrictions contained herein.
Dated this 10th day of January, 2001